Registering with AngloINFO is quick and simple and gives you a lot of additional opportunities to benefit from AngloINFO's many services. It's also completely free of charge.Read More...
Trains, Trams and Railways in Valencia
Information about regional trains and the urban train network, to help you find your way around the provinces of Valencia and Castellon...
RENFE Cercanias has information on travel within the Valencia region.
- RENFE Cercanias Valencia
Tel: 902 240 202
International information, Tel: 902 243 402
As train services can be very busy, it is suggested to buy tickets online. Tickets can be ordered online for seats on AVE, AV Media Distancia, Talgo 200, TRD trains, R-598 and all Great Lines trains during the day.
To buy, book, print, collect or cancel tickets: Click here
Valencia Tourist Card (VLC)
The Valencia Tourist Card entitles the holder to free public transport in the city of Valencia (zone A) and discounts for museum visits, leisure activities, shops and restaurants. Establishments that accept the discount card will display a sticker.
Cards can be obtained from hotels, kiosks and tourist offices and are valid for a period of one, two or three days. The card is activated when used for the first time on public transport or when a date is stamped at a sales point. It is valid until midnight on the expiry date.
- Valencia Tourist Card
Tel: 900 701 818 (free of charge)
Pets on local RENFE train lines
Dogs, cats and domestic animals may travel on RENFE trains however the following restrictions apply for local RENFE trains (trenes de Cercanías):
- There is no weight limit regarding dogs, cats and birds travelling on local RENFE trains
- Animals are not allowed on trains between 13:00 and 16:00 Monday to Friday (although they may travel at any time on public holidays and weekends)
- It is not necessary to keep the animal in a cage although the animal must not be able to run around
- Where applicable dogs must wear a muzzle
- The person accompanying the animal is responsible for it and any damage caused by it on the journey
- Pets can travel for free
- For information from RENFE on travelling with animals on local RENFE trains: Click here
The Metro provides the metropolitan area of Valencia with more than 130 Km of rail lines as well as a modern tram line.
Tel: 900 461 046
For MetroValencia network maps, routes, timetables, fares, special tickets and news: Click here
Single-trip, multi-trip, monthly and annual tickets/cards are available. Riders must validate their ticket (by swiping the ticket over the contact-less validation machine) before getting on the Metro.
Valencian Railways (Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat Valènciana - FGV) operates the Alicante - Denia line, which runs along the northern coast of the province of Alicante. It is served by 13 diesel trains, which operate between Alicante and Denia, and five trams, which cover the Alicante - El Campello route.
- For more information about FGV trains, trams and metro, see the FGV website: Click here
Riders must validate their ticket (by swiping the ticket over the contact-less validation machine) before getting on the tram.